GE Scientific is active in the marketing of specialized medical products and systems as well as in the provision of scientific advice and technical services in general on issues related to the field of Biomedical Science and Technology.
In particular, the company is active in the field of Intraoperative Neurophysiological Monitoring (INM). This field is part of the broader field of Biomedical Science and Technology, and concerns the application of a combination of monitoring techniques (protocols) during surgical operations to enable early warning and avoidance of injuries to the patient's central nervous system structures with benefit:
- The minimization of postoperative neurological morbidity
- The reduction of the time of post-operative hospital care and the corresponding costs
- Avoiding repeat surgeries and the corresponding costs
- Limiting the need for rehabilitation treatments
- The improvement of the provision of Health services with the lowest possible cost of implementation in relation to effectiveness (cost-effectiveness)